- : spring 2016 :
- >M. Allen Cunningham joins the contributing editor team at Moss literary journal.
- >M. Allen Cunningham's piece, "A Publisher's Journey" is featured in Propeller Quarterly.
- >Big News from M. Allen Cunningham's Atelier26 Books: Latest Atelier26 Release Receives Prestigious PEN/Hemingway Honors
- >M. Allen Cunningham's essay "Variations on a Beginning" will appear in the Fall 2016 issue of The Timberline Review.
- Recent Appearances :
- >Sunday, March 20, 2016 / 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. > SEATTLE, WA
M. Allen Cunningham will staff the Atelier26 Books table at Seattle's awesome APRIL Festival of Independent Literature Book Expo.
1634 11th Ave
>Thursday March 31 - Saturday April 2, 2016 / 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily > LOS ANGELES, CA
M. Allen Cunningham will staff the Atelier26 Books table (#119) at the annual AWP Conference, North America's largest literary gathering.
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015
- >Friday, April 1, 2016 / 6:00-7:30 p.m. > LOS ANGELES, CA
M. Allen Cunningham reads in a stellar lineup in this AWP offsite event sponsored by Catamaran Literary Reader. Reception 6:00-6:30, then readings.
Hennessey & Ingalls Bookstore
300 S. Santa Fe Ave. (L.A. Arts District)
- : fall/winter 2015 :
- M. Allen Cunningham's Atelier26 Books released author Margaret Malone's debut title PEOPLE LIKE YOU on November 17, 2015. Praised by Cheryl Strayed, Lidia Yuknavitch, Jim Shepard, and many other accomplished writers, the book has been featured in numerous outlets including The Oregonian, Portland Monthly Magazine, The Portland Mercury, Oregon's Fox12, Oregon Public Broadcasting, Late Night Library, and Largehearted Boy. Malone will give readings up and down the west coast this season.
- : spring 2015:
- M. Allen Cunningham's new book Partisans: A Lost Work by Geoffrey Peerson Leed is now out from Atelier26 Books.
Cunningham presents Partisans at Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon on Monday April 6, 2015. Details HERE.
Cunningham attends the AWP Conference in Minneapolis, April 8-11, 2015 (thanks to the Regional Arts & Culture Council).
Cunningham reads from his story collection Date of Disappearance at Another Read Through in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, May 9th. Details HERE.
Cunningham's short story "The Sky at Her Back" is forthcoming in Catamaran Literary Reader.
: fall / winter 2014 :
M. Allen Cunningham's new book Partisans: A Lost Work by Geoffrey Peerson Leed is forthcoming from Atelier26 Books, spring 2015. Excerpts and pre-order info coming soon.
Cunningham is currently at work on his fifth novel, a book he started this summer during an extremely fruitful residency at Yaddo.
After several months being out of stock, Cunningham's The Honorable Obscurity Handbook has just been re-released with a fabulous blurb by the great Cynthia Ozick, and a killer new cover by A26 designer Nathan Shields.
Cunningham's "Ghost Coda: A Rilke Pilgrimage, or: On Being Glad No One Knows You," an essay seven years in the writing, was featured on the Tin House blog in November.
As noted in the Oregonian, Atelier26 Books has announced that it will publish the brilliant debut People Like You, a collection of stories by Portland writer Margaret Malone in late 2015 or early 2016!
: summer 2014 :
M. Allen Cunningham had the honor of talking with Late Library Executive director Paul Martone for LNL's Late Night Conversation podcast. Listen to their discussion at the Late Night Library website beginning June 24th.
: spring 2014 :
For the duration of National Short Story Month, May 2014, get M. Allen Cunningham's DATE OF DISAPPEARANCE from Atelier26 Books for just $10 plus shipping (a discount of more than 40%). Atelier26 is also giving out bonus books on the first five orders.
M. Allen Cunningham's PARTISANS is one of six titles shortlisted for the 2014 Flann O'Brien Award for Innovative Fiction!
Atelier26 Books announces the forthcoming publication of Gravity by acclaimed author Elizabeth Rosner!
- An in-depth interview with M. Allen Cunningham about his novel LOST SON and his approach to biographical fiction is featured in Truthful Fictions: Conversations with American Biographical Novelists, edited by Michael Lackey, released February 2014 by Bloomsbury. Fellow interviewees include Russell Banks, Michael Cunningham, Ron Hansen, Joyce Carol Oates, and Jay Parini.